ACRIFIX® TC 0030 Thinner and Cleaner Technical Information
Product and Use
ACRIFIX® TC 0030 is a clear, thin-bodied liquid used to adjust the viscosity of the adhesive. It is also used to prepare the area to be bonded, making it receptive to the adhesive which creates a stronger bond.
It can be used to reduce the viscosity of two-component polymerization adhesives and for cleaning adherents to be bonded by means of polymerization adhesives.
Typical Values of Properties
- Viscosity (Brookﬁeld A/60/68°F/20°C): ~ 0.6 cp
- Density (68°F/20°C68): ~ 0.94 g/cm3
- Refractive index nD: ~ 1.415
- Color: clear and colorless
- Boiling point: ~ + 212°F/100°C
- Flash point (DIN 51755): ~ + 50°F/10°C
- Explosion limits in air: 2.1 to 12.5 Vol. %
- Storage stability: 2 years after ﬁlling, if correctly stored
- Packaging materials: aluminum, HDPE, PP, and glass
Safety Measures and Health Protection
Contains methyl methacrylate. Irritates the eyes, respiratory system, and skin. May cause sensitization by skin contact. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not smoke. Wear suitable protective gloves. Avoid contact with the skin. In case of swallowing seek medical aid immediately.
Guidelines for Use
The viscosity of adhesives is adjusted so as to allow for their direct use. For certain applications, it is helpful to dilute the adhesives beforehand. Reducing their viscosity allows for the following:
- More rapid degassing because air bubbles rise to the surface quicker in diluted adhesive – advantageous for large quantities of the adhesive composition.
- Better leveling, thinner adhesive layers, and somewhat delayed skin formation – advantageous for bonding large surfaces (particularly of thin sheets) and drill holes.
- Better wetting out and degassing when embedding ﬁber mats and woven fabrics.
- More rapid ﬁlling of butt joints between thick blocks.
- Diluted adhesives enable shorter pot lives and polymerization times (at higher hardener concentration) because degassing and processing can be performed more quickly than with undiluted polymerization adhesives.
The viscosity required for a speciﬁc application must be determined by trial and error. In general, adhesives should be diluted as little as possible. The hardener concentration (e.g. ACRIFIX® CA 0020) depends on the quantity of diluted adhesive. The inﬂuence of the thinner on viscosity and polymerization can be seen in the corresponding charts.
It is well-suited for degreasing ACRYLITE® acrylic sheet surfaces prior to bonding. These are best wiped down with a clean white cloth or white paper towel soaked with ACRIFIX® TC 0030.
Viscosity of ACRIFIX® 2R 0190
X = Thinner concentration
Y = Viscosity
Z = Time/6mm cup
Inﬂuence of thinner concentration on polymerization time of ACRIFIX® 2R 0190 + 3% ACRIFIX® CA 0020 (on diluted adhesive)
Our ACRIFIX® adhesives and other auxiliary agents were developed exclusively for use with our ACRYLITE® acrylic sheet products and are specially adjusted to the properties of these materials. Any recommendations and guidelines for workshop practice, therefore, refer exclusively to these products. Seller's liability shall be limited to the purchase price of the product supplied (or to have been supplied) hereunder in respect of which damages are claimed. All technical or other advice by seller, whether or not at buyer’s request, with respect to the product, it's processing, further manufacture, other use or resale or otherwise, is given gratis by seller and seller shall not be liable for, and buyer assumes all risk of, such advice and the results thereof. SELLER SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. Upon satisfactory proof of claim by the buyer, and as buyer’s exclusive remedy, the seller will, within a reasonable time, supply the buyer with a replacement product of the same or equivalent type, free of charge, freight prepaid or, at seller's option, refund the purchase price for the product upon return of the product or other delivered material, or the unused portion thereof. Buyer charges for replacements and returns for credit will not be allowed unless authorized by the seller in writing.
For further information on safety measures, the exclusion of health risks when handling adhesives and at their disposal, see our Safety Data Sheet.
The information and statements herein are believed to be reliable but are not to be construed as a warranty or representation for which Roehm America assumes legal responsibility. Users should undertake sufﬁcient veriﬁcation and testing to determine the suitability for their own particular purpose of any information or products referred to herein. NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS MADE. Nothing herein is to be taken as permission, inducement, or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license.