ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC Technical Information
This is a highly transparent grade of cast acrylic with embedded polyamide threads. In the event of breakage due to an accident, these threads retain any sheet fragments and prevent them from falling down.
In addition to the well-known and proven properties of ACRYLITE® such as:
- Excellent light transmission and brilliance
- Extremely high weather resistance
- High surface hardness
- Lightweight – half the weight of glass
- 11 times the impact strength of glass
This material offers the following special features:
- Superior safety! ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC panels meet the fragment prevention requirements of EN 1794-2.
- Embedded black filaments reduce the odds of bird collision.
- Sound reduction (STC) of 32 dB or higher by ASTM E90.
- Lightweight applications for noise barriers.
- Complies with European noise barrier regulations railways (including high speed rail) RIL 804.5501.
- It is available in transparent colors.
These properties make this material especially suitable for:
- Noise control on highway and railway bridges
- Wind barriers on bridges
- Impact resistant glazing for pedestrian bridges and trails/greenways
- ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC can be machined just like standard ACRYLITE®.
It is available in the following sizes, thicknesses, and filament directions:
- 2000 x 3000 mm 2000 x 4000 mm
- 2000 x 5000 mm 2380 x 3300 mm
Thicknesses: 15, 20, 25 mm
- (-D) Black filaments along width
- (-A) Black filaments along length
- (-J) Clear filaments along width
- (-G) Clear filaments along length
Typical Values – ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC
|Physical Properties||Test Standard||ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC (a) (b)|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D792||1.19|
|Tensile Strength Elongation at Break (%) Modulus of Elasticity||ASTM D638||
10,000 psi (69 MPa)
400,000 psi (2800 MPa)
|Flexural Strength Modulus of Elasticity||ASTM D790||
16,500 psi (114 MPa)
475,000 psi (3300 MPa)
|Compressive Strength (Yield)||ASTM D695||18,000 psi (124 MPa)|
|Rockwell Hardness||ASTM D785||M-95|
|Resistance Against Stone Projectiles (15mm)||EN 1794-1||Pass|
|Impact - Windborne Debris in Hurricanes||ASTM E1996||Pass|
|Unnotched Charpy Impact, 5 years natural outdoor weathering||ASTM D4812||6.5 ft-lbs/in2|
|Refractive Index||ASTM D542||1.49|
|Initial Light Transmission 15 years natural outdoor weathering||ASTM D1003||
|Initial Haze 15 years natural outdoor weathering||ASTM D1003||
|Initial Yellowness Index 15 years natural outdoor weathering||ASTM E313|
|Resistance to Brushfire (15 mm thickness)||EN 1794-2||Class 2|
|Deflection Temperature under load, 264 psi (1.82 MPa)||ASTM D648||210°F (99°C)|
|Coefficient of Linear Expansion||ASTM D696||0.000040 in/in/°F (0.072 mm/m °C)|
|Vicat Softening Temperature||ASTM D1525||239 °F (115°C)|
|Flammability, Burning Rate (15 mm thickness)||ASTM D635||0.8 in/min (20 mm/min)|
|Self-Ignition Temperature||ASTM D1929||910°F (490°C)|
|Smoke Density Rating (15 mm thickness)||ASTM D2843||20%|
|Service Temperature||–||< 180°F (82°C)|
|Sound Transmission Class (STC)||ASTM E90||
15 mm 32 dB
20 mm 34 dB
25 mm 36 dB
|Weight per Square Foot||15 mm Thickness 20 mm Thickness 25 mm Thickness||
3.66 lb/ft2 (17.9 kg/m2)
4.86 lb/ft2 (23.8 kg/m2)
6.1 lb/ft2 (29.8 kg/m2)
(a) Typical values: should not be used for specification purposes.
(b) Values shown are for 0.250" (6 mm) thickness unless noted otherwise. Some values will change with thickness.