ACRYLITE® Soundstop Structure Mounted Noise Barriers
Standard and Customizable Structure Mounted Noise Barrier Systems with Lightweight, Transparent Noise Barrier Panels
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Structure Mounted Noise Barrier Systems provide effective noise abatement without the tunnel effect created by traditional non-transparent noise barriers.
- Maintains visibility for business and property owners.
- Allows natural light onto roadway and into backyards.
- Complete systems weigh as little as 12 pounds per square foot.
- 30-year warranty - panels will not yellow or haze despite decades of outdoor exposure.
- ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC panel option prevents panel fragments from falling if an accident causes panels to fracture.
- Available FHWA approved Crash Tested system (tested to NCHRP 350).
- Bird Guard stripe and tinted colors available.
Structure mounted systems commonly utilize posts at 8’ intervals but may be shorter or up to 16’ wide depending on project and state requirements.
Barriers may utilize ACRYLITE® Soundstop XT transparent noise barrier panels, ACRYLITE® Bird Guard panels, or ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC transparent noise barrier panels with fragment retaining filaments.
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Structure Mounted Noise Barriers may be mounted to the top or back face of approved concrete bridge rails.
- ACRYLITE® Soundstop Structure Mounted Noise Barrier Systems are engineered to meet the most stringent AASHTO and State specific requirements.
- Standard systems may be customized to fit each specific project and often include sealed design calculations and drawings.
- ACRYLITE® Soundstop Structure Mounted Noise Barrier Systems may use standard ACRYLITE® Soundstop noise barrier panels, Bird Guard panels, or fragment retaining GS CC panels.
- Available in colorless and eight standard colors, with other colors available upon request.
- ACRYLITE® Soundstop Structure Mounted Noise Barrier Systems include steel posts, anchors, installation instructions and associated hardware required to install the noise barrier system to a concrete bridge rail. Options for fully engineered drawings and on site technical support are available.
- The crash tested ACRYLITE® Soundstop TL4 Noise Barrier System is also available for structure mounted noise barriers.
- Typical system weights range from 12 to 25 pounds per square foot. Increasing barrier heights and design wind loads are the main factors affecting system weight.
- Posts may be spaced up to 8 feet wide for single transparent panels, without structural horizontal framing, up to 20’ high. See Example Plan View #1 below.
- Posts may be spaced up to 16 feet wide (subject to authority limitations) with structural horizontal framing, up to 32’ high. See Example Plan View #2 below.
- Systems are capable even for very high design wind loads typical of coastal, hurricane prone areas.
- ACRYLITE® Soundstop panels pass the Miami Dade County (ASTM E1996) Impact Test, showing no damage from the large missile impact test.
Example Plan View #1 – Mounted to Back Surface of Concrete Bridge Rail
Example Plan View #2– Mounted to Top Surface of Concrete Bridge Rail.