Delta De-Glaring Prism (DDP) Product Information
Microstructured acrylic for light-management
The Delta De-Glaring Prism (DDP) offers outstanding de-glaring performance with a reduced material thickness of 2 mm. The reduced height and weight enables slimmer lighting solutions.
- Outstanding de-glaring performance with a reduced material thickness of 2 mm
- Almost identical mechanical stability as 3 mm CDP due to concave structures and continuous cell connectors
- Highest possible efficiency
- Suppresses high-angle light above 65° to reduce visual glare while increasing on-axis light (“gain”)
- Enables luminaires to comply with EN12464 glare specifications
- For lighting applications with UGR < 19
- Ideal for illumination of workstations
The recommended fabrication methods for Jungbecker Optics are:
- Circular saw cutting (edge polishing required in a 2nd step)
- Laser cutting
It is important for the laser to have 360° suction, which means the air, smoke, and dust should be extracted from under and over the sheets.
Jungbecker Optics can be thermoformed according to customer specifications, however there are limitations to the curvature that can be achieved. Please consult with Roehm if interested in forming a specific part.
|Standard Material||Acrylic (clear)|
|*Size||1250 mm x 610 mm (usable area 1220 mm x 580 mm)|
|Efficiency||> 95 % (in typical LED luminaire)|
|Temperature range||-40 °C up to +80 °C|
|Customization options||Development of prismatic microstructures for your specific applications, tooling and series production|
*Contact Roehm for availability of additional sizes