Light Guiding Prismatic Plate (LGP) Product Information
Microstructured acrylic for light-management
The Light Guiding Prismatic Plate (LGP) decouples light, which is fed into the sheet from the edges across the surface area from the use of integrated prismatic optics. The optical structure is not acting as a diffusor but rather, uses total internal reflection and refraction of the microprisms. The direct portion of the light is also de-glared.
- Decouples light fed in from the edge uniformly across the wide surface area
- Light extraction through a calculated combination of light refraction and total internal reflection of the integrated optical elements
- 40% of light is indirect, in a batwing profile
- 60% of light is downlight, de-glared
- Homogenous light output for a panel width of 300 mm (LEDs single sided) or for a panel width of 600 mm (LEDs double sided)
- Efficiency up to 85%
- Transparent look when not lit
- Ultra-thin fixture profiles
The recommended fabrication methods for Jungbecker Optics are:
- Circular saw cutting (edge polishing required in a 2nd step)
- Laser cutting
It is important for the laser to have 360° suction, which means the air, smoke, and dust should be extracted from under and over the sheets.
Jungbecker Optics can be thermoformed according to customer specifications, however there are limitations to the curvature that can be achieved. Please consult with Roehm if interested in forming a specific part.
|Standard Material||Acrylic (clear)|
|*Size||1520 mm x 320 mm 620 mm x 620 mm|
|Thickness||6 mm (3.0 - 8.0 mm upon request)|
|Efficiency||> 95 % (in typical LED luminaire)|
|Temperature range||-40 °C up to +80 °C|
|Customization options||Development of prismatic microstructures for your specific applications, tooling and series production|
*Contact Roehm for availability of additional sizes