Linear Prism 90° (LP90) Product Information
Micro-structured acrylic for light-management
The special geometry of the perpendicular prisms in the Linear Prism 90° (LP90) provides an array of features including beam splitting, ray deflection, and total reflection of perpendicular incident light.
- Highly transparent 90 degree micro-structured prism sheet
- Highest possible efficiency
- Total deflection of perpendicular light
- Fade out of direct sunlight (sun protection)
- One axis beam splitter in luminaires (batwing distribution)
The recommended fabrication methods for Jungbecker Optics are:
- Circular saw cutting (edge polishing required in a 2nd step)
- Laser cutting
It is important for the laser to have 360° suction, which means the air, smoke, and dust should be extracted from under and over the sheets.
Jungbecker Optics can be thermoformed according to customer specifications, however there are limitations to the curvature that can be achieved. Please consult with Roehm if interested in forming a specific part.
|Standard material||Acrylic (clear)|
|*Size||1550 mm x 310 mm (usable area 1520 mm x 280 mm)|
|Thickness||3 mm (2.5 up to 6.0 mm upon request)|
|Prism pitch||1 mm|
|Efficiency||> 95 % (in typical LED luminaire)|
|Temperature range||-40 °C up to +80 °C|
|Customization options||Development of prismatic micro-structures for your specific applications, tooling, and series production|
*Contact Roehm for availability of additional sizes