ACRYLITE® Resist High Impact Acrylic Wave Profile
3 mm ACRYLITE® RESIST HIGH IMPACT ACRYLIC WAVE PROFILE is highly light-transmitting and weather-resistant sheet made of impact-modified Acrylic (polymethyl methacrylate, PMMA) polymer.
3 mm ACRYLITE® RESIST HIGH IMPACT ACRYLIC WAVE PROFILE is suitable for overhead and vertical installation applications including:
- Patio Covers
- Lighting Panels
- Decorative Panels
ADVANTAGES OF 3 mm ACRYLITE® RESIST HIGH IMPACT ACRYLIC WAVE PROFILE
- Extremely UV-resistant, with a 30-year guarantee against yellowing.
- Offer excellent protection against harmful UV radiation. Safe and easy to handle.
- Hail-resistant with a 10-year guarantee for withstanding hailstones with a kinetic energy of 1 joule.
- Much thicker than many other corrugated sheets and therefore offer high inherent rigidity and loadbearing capacity resulting in much less deflection under snow load, making them safer and more attractive.
- Excellent light transmission and brilliance.
- Distinct, stylish appearance.
- Quick and easy to fabricate and install using simple tools. Can be point fastened. Special weather-seal calottes and fasteners available.
- Available in various colors and textures, also available in ACRYLITE® Heatstop.
Non-prorated, full replacement 30 year non-yellowing, 10 year light transmission and 10 year hail warranties. For details see warranty.
3 mm ACRYLITE® RESIST HIGH IMPACT ACRYLIC WAVE PROFILE is built to last using environmentally sound manufacturing processes in facilities that have received ISO-14001 environmental certification. In addition, if the time does come for replacement, ACRYLITE® can be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
TECHNICAL DATA (TYPICAL VALUES)
|Light Transmittance D65|
|Clear Smooth (0A001)||90%|
|Clear Prismatic (0A001W)||81%|
|White Smooth (W1621)||72%|
|Grey Smooth (7RW01)||45%|
|Bronze Prismatic (8A001W)||55%|
|U-value||6.02 W/m2K (1.06 BTU/hr•ft2•ºF)|
|Coefficient of Heat Expansion (α)||0.08 mm/m ºC (0.00004 in/in/ºF)|
|Expansion Due to Heat and Moisture||6 mm/m (¹⁄₁₆”/ft)|
|Approximate Area Weight||3.3 Kgm2 (0.7 lb/ft2)|
|Thickness||3 mm (1/8”)|
|Width||1045 mm (41 1/8”)|
|Length||up to 4900 mm (16 ft)|
|Weighted Sound Reduction Index||22 dB|
|Maximum Service Temperature||70°C (160 ºF)|
|ASTM D-635 (Rate of Burn)||C2 / CC2|
|ASTM D-1929 (Self Ignition Temp)||750 ºF|
|ASTM D-2843 (Smoke Density Rating)||3.8 %|
|CAN/ULC S102.2||< 150 Flame Spread Classification|
|DIN 4102||normal combustability, B2|
*Values are approximate.
- The fire behavior of ACRYLITE® is rated as C2 or CC2 according to ASTM D-635.
- ACRYLITE® burns almost entirely without smoke according to DIN4102 and ASTMD-2843 and is easily extinguished.
- The smoke gases produced by ACRYLITE® are neither accutely toxic according to DIN 53436, nor corrosive according to DIN VDE 0482-267.
LOAD BEARING CAPACITY
3 mm ACRYLITE® RESIST HIGH IMPACT ACRYLIC WAVE PROFILE with pointwise fastening, require cross-members at the spacings shown in the following table.
SUPPORT SPACING CHART
|3 mm ACRYLITE® RESIST HIGH IMPACT ACRYLIC WAVE PROFILE width as delivered 1045 mm (41 1/8”)|
|[N/m2] (lb/ft2)||[m] (in)|
|200 4.2||1.70 67|
|400 8.4||1.2 47|
|600 12.6||1.00 4|
|800 16.8||.80 3 1|
|1000 21||.75 29|
|1200 25.2||.65 26|