ACRYLITE® LED color changing back lit (black/white) employs a special formulation which allows it to appear dark by day, and a brilliant white when backlit at night. This versatile acrylic is a popular choice for signage at large retail stores, where standing out from the crowd is a necessity.
- This unique attribute is possible due to a special pigment formulation that yields 25 percent light transmittance when backlit, yet appears dark and opaque without backlighting.
- Unlike our original 9H04 SC P95 Black/White version which sometimes required adding a diffuser film to the surface, the new 9K004 Black/White has much better light diffusion at minimal distances from the light source(s) and requires no surface treatment.
- This black white acrylic sheet is an extruded sheet that is made in Maine. It cuts, bends and forms very easily.
- Typically used for channel letter sign faces, sign cabinets or lightboxes.
- Traditionally, sign shops will apply a perforated film to a 2447 white sheet. The sheet will appear black or colored (depending on the color of the film) during the day and when lit, the light shows through the holes in the film, making the sign appear “White”. Our 9K004 Black/White sheet eliminates the need to buy/stock this film, the labor and time to apply it and the worry about it weathering or delaminating from the sheet in the field. Our sheet is a “plug-n-play” option.