Highway safety improvement is a continuing goal of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). This is leading to specific requirements for enhanced traffic safety devices. ACRYLITE® Soundstop is a durable, UV stable, performance acrylic which effectively mitigates noise. ACRYLITE® Soundstop also provides wind protection to help meet various requirements set by the FHWA. Warrantied for 30 years, ACRYLITE® panels are sound-reflecting, impact-resistant, and highly transparent. Product options include transparent colors, translucent or opaque panels, bird-safe stripes, and embedded poly-amide filaments for fragment retention (used with structure mounted noise barriers).
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Noise Barrier systems make it easy to incorporate transparent noise barriers into any project:
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Ready Fit Panels
- Fully fabricated framed panel assemblies can be easily combined with or substituted for precast panel systems
- Results in an attractive, cost effective solution for visibility and noise abatement problems
ACRYLITE® Soundstop TL-4 system
- Patented through US Patent #7,220,077
- Crash tested in accordance with NCHRP 350 Requirements, Test Level 4
- New crash tested system due late 2019 to meet MASH requirements
- Offers a safe, yet lightweight system for use on bridges and elevated roadways
- Specifically required where a noise barrier is to be placed in the zone of intrusion (the region above and beyond the face of a traffic barrier where an impacting vehicle may extend during an impact)
- Requires ACRYLITE® GS CC sheet with polyamide filaments for fragment retention
- Has been installed in nearly 20 US states as well as in Canada
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Structure Mounted system
- Customizable, lightweight system typically used as a barrier for noise or pedestrian comfort where crashworthiness is not required
- Design of structure mounted system is more flexible than a crashworthy (TL-4) system
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Masonry Wall system (CMU)
- Adds attractive transparent panels to masonry block noise barrier walls.
- Easy to install system improves the look of the wall while reducing overall installation time and project cost.
- A single ACRYLITE® Soundstop panel can replace up to 100 masonry blocks and allow continued unobstructed views.
ACRYLITE® Soundstop is especially suitable for noise control along roads and railways, wind barriers on bridges, impact resistant glazing for pedestrians, as well as greenways.
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Sheet
- Sound reduction (STC) of 32 dB or higher by ASTM E90
- Excellent light transmission and brilliance
- Extremely high weather resistance
- Ease of fabrication
- Lightweight – half the weight of glass
- 11 times the impact strength of glass
- 100% recyclability
ACRYLITE® Soundstop GS CC sheet
- Highly transparent grade of cast acrylic with embedded polyamide filaments
- Retains sheet fragments to prevent hazards due to falling objects in the event of an accident
- Meets the fragment prevention requirements of EN 1794-2
- Up to a 94% reduction of bird collisions versus clear glass panels
- Available with black or clear filaments
ACRYLITE® Soundstop Bird Guard sheet
- Highly transparent sheet with black stripes intended to drastically reduce bird collisions
- Find out more about the American Bird Conservancy