Shelves Supported on Two Sides
Calculate the estimated thickness of ACRYLITE® acrylic sheet required to support an object placed at the center of a shelf. The calculator assumes simply two-sided supported edges and small deflections.
Please note: This calculator does not take into account uniform load with two-sided support such as a row of books placed along the entire shelf.
- Sheet is simply supported on each of the long ends.
- Load is concentrated at the center of the sheet span.
- The long side, "a", is the free span between supports; do not include material above the supports.
- Results include the weight of the panel and the applied center load. Contact Tech Support for other loadings.
- Results most accurate for deflections less than half of the sheet thickness. Request the Extended Calculator at the bottom of this page for additional Technical References.
Request extended calculation
Please fill out the form below to request an Excel version of the Shelving Calculator. The Excel version provides a Technical Reference for the calculations and can be printed for project records. It can also calculate the thickness requirements of additional products like ACRYLITE® Resist 45.
For questions or unique applications, please contact our Technical Center: